1. Identify trusted advisers, and alert them to your desire for their feedback.
2. Make people aware that you may not always be comfortable hearing feedback--and ask for time to digest it.
3. Make collecting feedback a routine. If a month passes and you haven’t asked for feedback, it's been too long.
4. Remember: When you invite others to give you input, they expect that you will do something with it.
5. Disagreeing is allowed, but have constructive conversation to arrive at the best way forward.
[Battery Image: Feng Yu  via Shutterstock]