This week's stories ranged from networking tips, to innovative "sock" weaves used in designing Nike’s newest shoes, to a powerful short film on how the proliferation of tech in cities will make city life more efficient and sustainable in the near future. Catch up on the most popular stories below.
1. How The Happiest People In The World Spend Their Money 
By Cali Williams Yost
Cali Williams presents the case for thinking outside of traditional norms relating to big purchases, saving for retirement, and achieving the “American Dream.”
2. The Unexpected Way To Use Your Social Network Strategically 
By Don Peppers
Don Peppers discusses the value in maintaining friendships with people who aren’t really your friends.
3. Culture Vs. Strategy Is A False Choice 
By Bob Frisch
Bob Frisch argues that a marriage of strategy and culture are required for a business to succeed.
4. Facebook’s New, Entirely Social Ads Will Recreate Marketing 
By E.B. Boyd
E.B. Boyd analyzes Facebook’s new social advertising campaign, and discusses how Facebook can leverage its data to properly target intended audiences.
5. Should You Send That Email? Here’s A Flowchart For Deciding 
By Tim Maly
Tim Maly will have you thinking twice about clicking SEND.
6. Nike Unveils Its Big New Paradigm: Shoes Knit Like Socks 
By Anthonia Akitunde
Ever dreamed about taking a stroll in your nice, comfy socks? Nike has answered your prayers.
7. 3 Ways To Predict What Consumers Want Before They Know It 
By Scott Anthony
Scott Anthony makes a compelling case on the importance of market research and knowing your customer.
8. Paul Graham: Why Y Combinator Replaces The Traditional Corporation 
By Austin Carr
Austin Carr discusses why startups are king and how Y Combinator mitigates the traditional drawbacks of starting your own company.
9. How To Keep TV Real The Anthony Bourdain Way 
By Zach Dionne
Anthony Bourdain keeps TV real by keeping it real himself. (But what happens when keeping it real goes wrong?).
10. Watch A Short Film On How Cities Will Drive Global Change 
By Morgan Clendaniel
A must-watch video that covers urbanite mindsets, new technologies, and innovations that will help cities become more sustainable.
Catch up on other stories and never miss a beat by signing up for Fast Company daily and weekly newsletters. 
Read more selections from our Weekly 10 series.