2005 Customers First Awards
You'd think it would be obvious: Take care of the folks who matter most -- the ones who pay the tab. But truly customer-focused companies are sadly rare. And so Fast Company is celebrating those that get it right.
Meet the Leading Listeners, companies that use feedback to make things better; the Customer-Centered Leaders, who create a culture that's dedicated to service; the Profitable Players, who know that investments in service really pay off; the High-Tech Achievers, companies that use technology not just to replace the human element but to improve the experience; and the Employee Innovators, who understand the inextricable link between good employees and happy customers.
This special section online builds on the article in the October 2005 issue and includes details about our methodology, a profile of our partner, an interview with one of our winners--and ways to share stories about your best customer experiences, as well.
Our Customer Champions
- The Art of Service 
- In this introduction we study how we selected our winners, and what it takes to keep customers happy--and coming back.
- Customers Last 
- These customer-service losers will shock absolutely no one.
- Private Screening 
- A Web exclusive Q&A with Netflix CEO Reed Hastings, winner of Fast Company's Customers First Award.
- Behind the Awards 
- Take a look at the numbers behind the winners.
- About Foresee Results 
- Learn about our partner in the project, ForeSee Results.
- Are You Customer Experienced? 
- What's the best customer experience you've ever had? Share your stories. We'll publish the most inspiring, instructive, and interesting entries online in the future.