ONLY CONFIRMED TO WORK IN FIREFOX > 3.5 AND SAFARI 5
IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS DISABLE RICH-TEXT, AS IT OFTEN INTRODUCES BAD CHARACTERS INTO THE SHORT CODE
UPLOADING & EMBEDDING A VIDEO
- Click "Choose File" in the video section of your article or blog post
- Upload the video
- Place the short code in your post, where you want the video to appear. The form is:
(if you use no short code the video will appear at the bottom of your post when it is ready!)
- Save your post (the video will not be saved until you save your post)
- Videos take time to process. If you use the short-code before they are done, the player will say "Video Not Available" until they are ready.
CHANGING THE STILLFRAME
- Click on the video thumbnail.
- Find a frame in the video you want as a stillframe
- Click the "set stillframe" button
- Submit the post (the stillframe update does not happen until you do this. It may take minutes for it to update)
USING A STILLFRAME FOR THE POST LISTING IMAGE
- Check the "Stillframe" box in the video asset
- Submit the post
- Your stillframe will now be attached to the post, and used if you do not have another listing image set. It is cropped and resized automatically.
ADDING A VIDEO TO THE RIGHT PLAYLIST AND VIDEO LANDER
- On the node view, click the link at the bottom that says "Add to Video queue".
- Any video in the node with the "nodequeue" box checked will be added. Those without it checked will not appear in the featured playlist.
DELETING & REPLACING
- Check the "Delete" box on the video asset
- Submit the post.
- The video will be deleted from your post but will remain orphaned.
(To replace a video with a new version, upload the new video and check the "Delete" box on the old video)
EMBEDDING A PLAYLIST
- Upload the videos, as referenced above. You can upload many videos before submitting your post.
- Use the short code [video_twistage playlist] in your post.
EMBEDDING IN THE RIVER
- Check the "Embed video in river" box
- Only one video, the top weighted (lightest) will appear in the river
- You can embed a video without the download link by using "protect" after the index number, eg. [video_twistage 1 protect]
- There are video filters for several common services:
- ! Please ONLY use the [twistage VIDEO_ID] code when reposting a video that has been properly attached elsewhere !
FINDING VIDEO ID CODE FOR A REPOST
- Go to the video upload management page:http://www.fastcompany.com/admin/content/video-upload
- Search for your video using one or two words that appeared in the original post.
- Copy the VID provided, and embed in your post
RECEIVING VIDEOS FROM OUTSIDE SOURCES
- Send the contributor these encoding specs.
- Have the contributor go to this page:
- They will be prompted to login, and given the username and password to do that. Those are:
- Ask them to provide a descriptive title (most important) description and tags that will help you find the video later.
- Once the videos are upload they are accessible at the incoming video management page here:
- From here you can search, download the source and preview the video.
- If you want to create or update a post with a video in the incoming queue, as-is, check the box next to it, select the appropriate option, and submit.
- This page contains links to all admin features:
- This page is the list of incoming videos:
- This page is the list of finished videos to manage:
- And there you can do the following:
- Find the associated post and video id for a video
- Search for videos by keywords in the title, description or tags
- Create a new post with an already uploaded, orphaned video
- Append an already uploaded, orphaned video to an existing post (auto-completion is provided)
- Delete an orphaned video
- These operation are easy. You check the box next to the video, select your operation from the drop down at the top, and click "submit".