Welcome to the Fast Company Site Guide. Learn how to get the most out of fastcompany.com.
An index of our most frequently-requested customer service links to help you keep up with Fast Company.
COMPANY OF FRIENDS
The heart of fastcompany.com is a large archive of magazine and online articles. We've organized all of this information in 3 different ways:
Magazine Issue -- find every article of every issue of Fast Company magazine organized by issue number and magazine cover.
Articles by Topic -- the "card catalog" of fastcompany.com, the articles by topic section displays every article, from both the magazine and the website, by topic. Sort through these lists alphabetically or chronologically.
Guides -- Our editors picks or the "best of the best" of the website and magazine. Organized by topic, we've asked our editors to sift through all of our info and find the most up to date and relevant information about the topics you're looking for.
We have re-engineered the latest version of fastcompany.com to be faster, more accessible, easier to navigate and easier to read. We are using a new method of presentation which involves delivering valid and web-standard XHTML for organizing our content and CSS to handle the site's design and layout. While most modern browsers support these web standards, older browsers may only display the raw content.
If your browser is having trouble displaying our site correctly, or for more information on recommended browsers and XHTML/CSS, please visit The Web Standards Project.
Outlined below are ways to get the most out of fastcompany.com's new accessibility features.
Most browsers support jumping to specific links by typing keys defined on the web site. On Windows, you can press ALT + an access key; on Macintosh, you can press Control + an access key.
Most pages on this site define the following access keys:
- Access key 1 - Home page
- Access key 2 - Skips to the main content of the page
- Access key 3 - Search
- Access key 4 - Site Guide
- All pages have rel=home, search, and contents links to aid navigation in text-only browsers. Netscape 6 and Mozilla users can also take advantage of this feature by selecting the View menu, Show/Hide, Site Navigation Bar, Show Only As Needed (or Show Always).
- All pages include a search box at the top of the page (access key 3).
- This site uses Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) for its visual layout. This allows us to separate our content from its presentation, decrease page load times, increase readability on all browsers and devices (PDAs, Phones, etc.) and make the site easier to maintain.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.
- Font sizing: At the top right of each page are three text sizing buttons. Use these to adjust the font size of the content on the page. Your selection will be remembered on future visits by storing a cookie.
FastCompany.com currently offers a number of RSS feeds, free of charge.