- We're in this together
- At Fast Company, we acknowledge that the emergence of online business brings new opportunities and new responsibilities.
- We embrace the opportunity to provide our services to you in an open and personalized manner. But we share with you the responsibility of controlling the exchange, storage, and use of selected personal information about our readers.
- Public areas
- Certain areas of the FastCompany.com Web site contain information supplied by visitors and others. FastCompany.com is not responsible for comments, advice, information, or any other posting made by visitors or others in these areas.
- FastCompany.com reserves the right to review materials posted in any public areas and to delete or edit them, for any reason, at any time.
- The information we collect
- This site collects information about you, including your email address. In addition, information you agree to provide us when registering for our online services -- such as your name, title, company name, address, telephone number, fax number, and credit-card information -- is collected and retained. We may verify or combine this information with data about you that we have gathered from other sources or that we may already have in our files.
- Why we collect it
- Our intention is always to gather only the information needed to serve you better and never to gather information without your knowledge. We aim to balance our legitimate business interests with a level of privacy you would reasonably expect in the normal "offline" world.
- Anonymous information about our readers as a group is collected mostly through standard analysis of our Web-server log files. We use this information to closely monitor which areas of the site are used most and to determine which areas we need to focus on improving. This information is used exclusively by Fast Company in aggregate form so that we may continue to improve the value of the services and information on the Web site for our members as a whole.
- We also gather information that can identify you personally, generally to provide you with Fast Company services or products you requested and for Fast Company billing purposes.
- We may also compile and use this information so that we may keep you informed of upcoming events, send you subscription information, customize your visit to fastcompany.com, and offer new products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Third-party use of this information
We may use the information you provide about yourself to fulfill your requests for products, programs and services, to respond to your inquiries about offerings, and to offer you other products, programs or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
We sometimes use the information to communicate with you, such as to notify you when we make changes to subscriber agreements, to fulfill a request by you for an online newslettter, or to contact you about your account with us.
We use the information that you provide about others to enable us to send them your gifts or cards. From time to time, we may also use this information to offer our products, programs, or services to them.
We will disclose the information we maintain when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose such information in response to a law enforcement agency's request.
- Sensitive information
- If your relationship with us includes providing one of our business units with personal information that is particularly sensitive, we will protect that information with extra care. We define sensitive data as including Social Security numbers, credit-card numbers, mother's maiden name, personal financial data such as salary-specific information, specific stock holdings and net worth, information regarding someone's specific medical condition, and most information about children. There will be no external distribution of this sensitive data outside of our immediate company.
- Fast Company uses cookie technologies to provide simplified access to a few areas of the Web site by allowing you to save your details on your own computer. Cookies can be disabled or controlled by setting a preference within your browser.
- Third Party Advertising
- The ads appearing on this Web site are delivered to you by DoubleClick, our Web advertising partner. Information about your visits to this site, such as number of times you have viewed an ad (but not your name, address, or other personal in-formation), is used to serve ads to you. For more information about DoubleClick, cookies, and how to "opt-out", please click here.
- Third Party Cookies
- In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third-party advertiser may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser.
The Most Innovative Companies
The top 50 companies in entertainment, media, sports, technology, and more.
Most Creative People
Meet this year's inspiring leaders.
Innovation By Design
A showcase for ingenious design solutions.
World Changing Ideas
New workplaces, new food sources, new medicine—even an entirely new economic system.
How the top talent from creative fields get work done.
Created for and commissioned by Workday.
The up-and-coming companies that are disrupting industries.
Conquering The Cloud
Created for and commissioned by IBM.
Created for and commissioned by Adobe.
Closer To Next
Created for and commissioned by HPE.
Masters Of Marketing
Created for and commissioned by SteelHouse.