This is the second year in a row that Fast Company has been recognized with a Loeb. In 2007 Charles Fishman was honored for the article "How Many Lightbulbs Does It Take to Change the World? One," about compact florescent bulbs.
Fast Company adds this award to a growing list of accolades this year. Among them:
• "Overall Excellence" and "Cover Story of The Year" honors from the Society of American Business Editors and Writers
• Named to AdWeek's 2008 Hot List
• Fast Company editor Bob Safian honored as a Top Innovator in Business Publishing by BtoB’s Media Business.
• Newsstand Sales Up 38%, according to the most recent Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) FAS-FAX report.
• Ad Pages Up 29%, according to The Publishers Information Bureau (PIB)
Fast Company continues to thrive, despite a climate that has traditional business titles suffering. Ad pages at Businessweek, for instance, fell 19.4% in the first quarter of 2008, according to PIB; ad pages at Forbes are down 13.2%, while Fortune saw a decline of 0.9%.