So the buzz is beginning to build for Jack Welch's new book, which makes its debut in early April. This time, Jack teamed up with his wife, Suzy, for a book called Winning. Amazon.com recently published a letter from Jack with some early tips from Winning, including these dos and don'ts on managing your career:
Jack Welch on Getting Ahead
- Over-deliver your results and expand the horizon of your responsibility.
- Manage your subordinates with the same carefulness that you manage your boss.
- Get on the radar screen by getting behind major initiatives early.
- Relish the input of lots of mentors, realizing that mentors dont always look like mentors.
- Have a positive attitude and spread it around.
- Make your boss use political capital to champion you.
- Let setbacks break your stride.