- Eighteen Billion | Number of videos streamed online in 2005.
There were 9 billion in 2004 and 285 million in 1998.
- "If you can impose digital cinema and all its benefits, and attract 5% more customers to fill some of those empty seats, that's a $3 billion to $4 billion opportunity."
—Bud Mayo, president of AccessIT
- 50+ | Percentage of films submitted to Sundance that are shot in digital
- 97 | Number of digital-cinema releases in the world in 2005, of which 87 were first-run titles
- 21% | Share of the studios' combined film slate now being released digitally in the United States
- www.youtube.com | Visits to YouTube rose 170% from November 2005 to February 2006.
- $585,000 | Cost of a high-definition video camera in 1984 (in 2006 dollars)
Cost today for the equivalent: under $6,000
- 4 million | Number of U.S. households that now use digital video cameras and editing software monthly
750,000 | Number per week
- In 2005, box-office revenue fell 5.2%
from $9.5 billion to $9 billion.
A version of this article appeared in the July/August 2006 issue of Fast Company magazine.