- 81% of 15- to 20-year-olds sleep with their phone on.
- Percentage of Americans who said a cell phone reflects as much about someone as a car does (70% of Chinese agreed): 31%
- 26% of Americans said they'd go back for their cell phone over their wallet if they left both at home (69% of Chinese agreed).
- 63% of Americans wouldn't lend their cell phone to someone else (90% of Japanese agreed).
- Percentage of cell-phone users who screen their calls: 96%
A version of this article appeared in the April 2006 issue of Fast Company magazine.