- Debuted: Autumn 2002
- Vital stats: 2.6 grams of carbs and 95 calories versus 13.3 grams and 155 calories in Michelob.
- Who it's for: "Fitness enthusiasts [and those with] active lifestyles."
- Our take: Beer? Active lifestyle? Is anyone else getting nauseous?
- Set to debut in late summer
- Vital stats: 70 calories and 20 grams of carbs versus 150 calories and 41 grams for plain Pepsi.
- Who it's for: " 'Dual users' of both regular and diet soft drinks."
- Our take: If they can make a healthy beer, this will be a breeze.
Krispy Kreme low-sugar doughnut
- In early development
- Vital stats: Presumably less than the 10 grams of sugar in a regular glazed.
- Who it's for: "One of many strategies to appeal to all potential customers."
- Our take: If it even resembles a doughnut, it should be a winner.
Lexus RX 400h
- Gas-electric SUV hybrid, available by year's end
- Vital stats: "Better than" 27 mpg.
- Who it's for: "Redefines the midsize luxury SUV market while raising awareness [for hybrid vehicles]."
- Our take: Finally, you can hog the road with a clean conscience.
A version of this article appeared in the June 2004 issue of Fast Company magazine.