This month inaugurates a new Fast Company column. The Big Idea is that it'll be about change and innovation, both the kind we initiate from within and the kind from without that we must adapt to. This is a little bit Ethonomics-y and a little bit Leadership-y, informed by science and current research, and more personal than a lot of stuff that goes into the magazine. I'll be looking at questions like:
- When does preparing for the worst become planning to fail?
- How do you reinvent yourself gracefully?
- How do we deal with global threats to our economy, environment, and our way of life without being paralyzed?
- Who are the key people and relationships that help us weather change?
- How can technology become a friend instead of an enemy?
I'd really love this column to be a conversation so that it can be as useful as possible for our readers. So I'll be blogging regularly with questions for you, and highlighting the best responses from contributors.
Question # 2: Life in Beta, fittingly, is just the working title of this column. Here's a bunch of other suggestions. Do you like one of them better? Or do you have a suggestion?
The Little Bang Theory
The New Good
The Next New Thing
The Next Best Idea
Brave New Worlds
Ringing the Changes
Changing the Lights