It's not the strongest nor most intelligent of the species that survive; it is the one most adaptable to change" -- Charles Darwin
Last week's post generated discussion about what constitutes an Entrepreneurial Organization, Intrapreneurial Employees and Evangelist Customers. Here's my definition of THE ENTREPRENEURIAL ORGANIZATION
- Has RESPECT for all stakeholders--vendors, suppliers, customers, managers & employees.
- Has a Flatten Hierarchy--realizes the way to operate a business in the WorkQuake™ of the Knowledge Economy is to eliminate "command and control" and involve all the stakeholders in the decision making process.
- Has a Vision and Communicates that Vision--knows where it is and where it wants to go and makes sure all its stakeholders know also.
- Focuses on Constant Improvement--is never satisfied with the ways things are and continuously works to improve its processes, its relationships and its people.
- Fosters Creativity--by listening to the voices of all its stakeholders.
- Nurtures Everyday Leaders--by identifying, engaging and developing those individuals, at every level, who will take the organization to the next level.
- Is Flexible--understands that, in response to the constant unexpected of the WorkQuake™ , "the way it has always been done" may not be the way "it needs to be done."
- Is Ethical--in all its dealings with all its stakeholders.
- Realizes the stakeholders often unasked question "What's in it for me?" is a legitimate question that requires an answer.
The Bottom Line: The WorkQuake™ of the Knowledge Economy will only tolerate Entrepreneurial Organizations.
Question: Is your company an Entrepreneurial Organization? If not, why not?
Paul Glover, President
Go to www.trainingeverydayleaders.com for more information about becoming an Entrepreneurial Organization in the Time of the WorkQuake™.